Sunday, November 16, 2014

Zentangles Quilted!


I got the small Zentangle wall hangings finished and quilted in time for the guild meetings last Wednesday.  Now I just need to get the slide show and workshop ready before the program in February!  It is a good thing there is some time after the holidays to work on that.



For this piece I zentangled  three small stencils and colored them with colored pencils, then put them together in a small wall hanging.  I dug into my Australian fabric stash to find some fabric that seemed to fit all three drawings well.



These next two are my favorites.  I like the peacock stencil - it gives one several areas to do different doodles.  I used some colored pencils on this one too, to add a bit of color, then did some swirly quilting :)


I like the hummingbird piece better than I thought I would - this stencil still has some nice doodle areas.  I did not use colored pencil on this one, just the black pigma pens.  I did doodle on a light pale green fabric though, instead of the cream color.  I also dug into my Australian fabric stash for this border and I really like it!  I already hung this one up in our home office :)

No comments:

Post a Comment