Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Storybook Land Canal Boats

You know how I love miniature quilts, right?  Well, I actually really like all kinds of miniature things!  They are just fascinating to me.

Our family went to Disneyland over the Thanksgiving weekend and we rode a lot of rides.  We decided rather than riding all the big rides over and over,  we would also go on some of the smaller rides that we usually don't take the time to enjoy.  One of these was the Storybook Land Canal Boats and what a treasure it was - especially for a miniature lover like myself.


The whole ride is full of CUTE little houses and villages, with great detail, all in miniature!  I loved it!  The description says that you "set sail through the mouth of Monstro the Whale to a magical realm of memorable Disney animated movie locales, in miniature."
"The hand-crafted mini models use a scale of one inch to one foot and are as painstakingly detailed as full-sized structures.  The doors of many of the buildings actually open for added effect."
The landscaping itself is a work of art - the adorable little trees and bushes.  I don't know who maintains it but kudos to them - it's amazing!
On this boat ride you will see:
The royal city of Agrabah and Cave of Wonders from Aladdin (pictured here).



The French countryside village and mountaintop castle from Cinderella.


Straw, stick and brick houses from Three Little Pigs

The manicured London Park from Peter Pan

The Alpine Village from Pinocchio

The English Village from Alice in Wonderland (third picture from top)

Prince Eric's palace and King Triton's underwater castle from Little Mermaid

The dwarf's cottage from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

And! .... The Giant's patchwork quilt from Lullaby Land (the next two pictures).  This is the world's only "living" quilt, made completely of plants!  I wish I could've gotten better pictures - the whole ride went way too fast for me :)


I think this is Toad Hall from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.

You also see The Dutch windmills from The Old Mill.  I am not sure which picture this is below.  Like I said, the ride went too fast.  I should have gone on it again!


I think the above photo is the Alpine Village from Pinocchio.


And here are Megan and Landon getting ready to enter Monstro the Whales' mouth!



So much fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment