Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Friend's Beautiful Work


A friend of mine, Lori, recently sent me some photos of her work.  I believe when I visited her last Fall that she had this quilt hanging on her Murphy Bed Design Wall.  She now has it all pieced and ready to quilt.  It's a beautiful quilt made with the pretty Daiwabo taupe fabrics.  Her son lives in Japan so she was able to visit there not too long ago, however she said these fabrics were all bought here about six years ago.

A few years ago when I went to Ireland I brought some wool squares back for her and another friend.  Lori recently turned those squares into these beautiful pillows!

(I will have to try to get a picture of the amazing hat Michelle's husband made using her wool squares!)

Lori also made a couple of messenger bags for her daughters, using fabric she already had.  Everything she makes is so professional looking!  I am amazed.  Whenever I try to make bags, it definitely looks like I tried to make a bag.... Hers look like she picked it off the store shelf, only better!  It's nice to have such talented friends :)


Off to the guild White Elephant Sale tonight!

1 comment: