Monday, January 5, 2015

POTC


Over the holiday I had a chance to work on some Patchwork of the Crosses blocks while hanging out with my kids.  Both of my kids that were here visiting thought I was making a 3D quilt!  And they thought it looked pretty cool :)  Sorry to disappoint but I just hadn't pressed them yet.  I am hand piecing these blocks so I don't press as I go, as I do with machine piecing.  I am REALLY enjoying hand piecing, probably even more than hand appliqué and I enjoy that!



Here they are all pressed!  I am using my Civil War reproduction fabrics, which I love.  I am so excited about this quilt.  I was able to get four blocks done so I now have a total of seven.  I need to get some more cut before I can continue though and that is actually what takes the most time.



Happy Monday!  I hope you get a chance to work on your projects today!  I plan to :)

2 comments: