Saturday, March 21, 2015

National Quilting Day

As near as I can tell the quilt show put on by one of our local guilds - Sunset Slope Quilters - was a huge success!  I dropped off my quilts on Thursday around noon and it was pretty crazy, with many hands doing a LOT of work.  When I came back Friday morning to work at CWQG's booth and do some white gloving, I was amazed at how great everything looked!  This morning Mike and I went back to look around the show and vendors, so he could see everything, then this evening I went back about 45 minutes after the show closed to pick up my quilts and nearly everything was taken down already!  I think it came down a lot quicker than it went up.  Kudos to everyone who worked so hard to put it together - it was fantastic!!  I will be sharing some more pictures :)  I was especially impressed with the youth category - we have a new generation of quilters among us.  Hope you all did something fun to celebrate National Quilt Day.  I spent about 7 hours this weekend picking out badly done machine quilting...


One of the highlights of the show was a bed turning of antique and vintage quilts held twice each day.



No comments:

Post a Comment