Monday, May 18, 2015

January Wall Hanging and Amazing Hand Workmanship (not mine!)


Here is January's wall hanging that completes the set for my daughter-in-law!  These were fun to make as were the smaller ones I made for my daughters last year.  Time to move on to something else though!

This week I am going to try to work a little bit on my Dear Jane blocks.  I picked out some fabric for the next few today.


This quilt won First Place in the Traditional category in Denver.

It is called Primitive Web by Linda Roy

It is hand appliquéd and hand quilted and it is an original design.

Artist statement:  "Entirely hand constructed including background, borders and surface design, hand appliqué, embroidered, quilted. Inspired by antique hexagon quilt top."


For me personally, the overall design might not be my favorite, but the workmanship is impeccable!  If my hand work looked like this I would be one happy camper.  An award well-deserved!


No comments:

Post a Comment