Thursday, June 11, 2015

Wooly Projects at Open Sew


Yesterday was a fun quilting day for me!  I spent the afternoon at Laura's Open Sew, then spent the evening at the CWQG meeting (which was wonderful - more on that later!)


Laura is featuring this new block of the month, all done in wool and filled with Bumblebees! She is going to a show in Utah in September.  I told her this quilt ought to go over really well there, since it's the Beehive State!





There was a woman named Bev there working on one of Laura's cute little wool projects.  It's fun to see all of the embellishing on these projects.  Question of the day:  How do you know when you're "done" embellishing?




This is another small table mat that Beverly had made....


I was working on my "Love Birds" project - one of Laura's designs.  I've been working on this for a long time and am finally getting close to finishing it - thanks to Becky, who told me I had to!  :)  All that is left now is to put the backing on!
I plan to use this as a gift for someone - not sure who yet!



Laura also shared with us this picture of a quilt she saw at Quilt Market called "We're on a Roll!"  I don't think I've ever seen a toilet paper quilt before, but it would actually look kind of cute in a bathroom!  There are full rolls and empty rolls, rolls going the "right" way and rolls going the "wrong" way - definitely a conversation piece :)

If you're interested in a toilet paper quilt, you can find the pattern at: http://www.javahousequilts.com/shop/product/were-bigger-roll/

No comments:

Post a Comment