Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Sew Much To Do!


I wish I could spend a week up in my sewing room, aka quilt studio and get some things done!  I have so many things I'm itching to do - but do have other obligations.  Ah well - I will make the best use of the time I get!

Here are a few more quilts from Springville!




Forever by Lisa Dunn
quilted by Brandy Mascher





Modern Red and White
by Kira Rae Carter
quilted by Natalia Bonner

Received an Award of Excellence

The quilting in this quilt is amazing!  The red and white blocks were from a block exchange in both 8 inch and 4 inch sizes.  Well done!




Midnight Wedding Star
by Josephine de la Cruz Keasler
quilted by Carole L. Sturgis

Received an Award of Excellence

I love the way the stars in this quilt just seem to glow!  Great use of fabric and placement of colors.  She said she used two jelly rolls, a bright version and a pastel version of the same colors.  The pattern is Bali Wedding Star by Judy Niemeyer.  I may have to make one of these!  I need another child to get married so I can make another wedding quilt - hint, hint :)



Look at the quilting!  Little hearts and feathers in every section!!  That would take some patience.  It was quilted on a home machine too - not a long arm.



Glowing Candlelight
made and quilted by Crystal M. North

Received an Award of Excellence

Beautiful!


This quilt includes some machine embroidery.



Out of Africa by Judy S. Fitzgerald
quilted by Xenia Stirland

She made this quilt while living in Accra, Ghana, Africa and collected the batik fabric that was locally made.  "There are 220 squares, no two squares are alike."

I think this quilt appealed to my "miniature side"!

No comments:

Post a Comment