Saturday, January 16, 2016

Sew 'N Flip

 Do you ever cringe, as I do, when the pattern instructions say, "Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of 42 of your two inch squares...."

Then you have to get our your pencil and your ruler and sit there and draw line after line, OR try to "eyeball it" and sew it without the line and hope it's not too crooked...

Well I learned a tip from Jenny Doan (Missouri Star Quilt Company videos) to just press a crease in the square and sew on the crease for the Sew 'N Flip method.  SO much easier!

I tried it while working on my January Plain and Fancy block and it not only made piecing easier and more accurate (than eyeballing anyway...), it made the pressing easier because the square has already been pressed in the direction it's going to be eventually pressed anyway! So voila! Pressing the seam was a breeze!



Here is the finished block for January!

I love this tip - it works so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment