Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Maze of Madness

I have had a couple of people ask me why I'm "avoiding Jane" and why I don't just quit doing it.  Well, I'm not sure why I've been avoiding it, probably because some of the blocks are hard and challenging and I was in the "easy" mood.  But I really do want to finish it.  I have invested a lot of time in it and out of 225 blocks I only have about 20 more to make!  How could I not finish it?
And now that I've been working on it this week, I am quite excited about it again - especially now that the "end is in sight!"

I ended up having to make the center part of this block twice. I am using some instructions that I bought from Sarah K. Francis, which have been SO helpful. In the instructions for this block she said she pieced it, but would recommend paper piecing it.


I should have listened!  I tried piecing it and came up with the wonky version on top.  My paper pieced version looks better, but still not perfect! Paper piecing usually yields perfect results but this one was definitely a challenge.


Maze of Madness - 47 pieces!!  I'm on a roll now Jane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment