Saturday, February 27, 2016

Modi Block Shuffle Party at Hi Fashion!

Today was the wrap up party at Hi Fashion for the Moda Block Shuffle that has been going on since October.  Each week we could download or pick up three patterns and make three blocks, there were 30 in all.  28 were pieced and 2 were appliqué.  I chose not to do the two appliqué blocks because they just didn't seem to fit in.  I knew it would be fun today to see how everyone set theirs together and I wasn't disappointed!

This one is Lorraine's - made with batiks that she had in her stash.  She set hers on point.  Bright and beautiful!

This is mine.  I chose to half-size my blocks so they finish at 3 inches instead of 6 inches.  I made 28 in all and set them in a table runner.
The fabrics I used were from Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle (Modern Quilt Studio) - a fat quarter bundle of small print fabrics in a lot of different colors.  I tried several different backgrounds but the dark brown seemed to work the best with all the different colors.
You can kind of see the leaves I quilted in the border - the backing fabric has leaves all over it.



This is Angela's - made with Kansas Troubles fabric.  She used a straight setting and hers looks beautiful and rather old-fashioned.  I love it.


This is Julie's.  By spreading the blocks out with alternating plain squares, the blocks really stand out and it leaves lots of space for beautiful quilting.  She did some fussy cutting on some of the blocks too!  She is going to add one more border to make it a little bigger.  Lovely.
 
Here is Shirley's - set on point and with alternating plain squares!  Also beautiful colors AND she took the appliqué out into the borders which makes it "fit in"!  Great idea!

Isn't it amazing how different they all look?

Janet set hers straight with sashing and cornerstones.  I love her bright colors and the tan background really sets them off.  She said these blocks tested her patience somewhat, but I think we all honed our skills by making them.




I even won a door prize - a layer cake and a charm pack!  Lucky me!

A fun quilting day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment