I pulled out my Patchwork of the Crosses blocks and started experimenting with a setting. At first I was going to try and make it like the original, which means I would have to make about 30 more blocks (or 35, I can't remember exactly). Having just made the Jane very close to the original I decided I would rather change POTC up a bit. So using some inspiration from Sharon's lecture I started laying blocks out and playing with setting ideas. I kind of like this one, which means I would only need to make one more block! Question though - do you think that bright yellow block in the center needs to go??
I finished the center of the quilt that I started in Sharon's class. I had enough blocks left over to make a baby quilt. Now I need to decide what I want to do for borders on both!
A few years ago I bought a kit that had orange and gray fabrics all packaged together nicely. I did not like the pattern that came with the kit though, so after I pulled it out this week I started looking for a different pattern.
I was looking on Pinterest at something else and ran across this quilt pinned on one of my friend Sheila's boards. It was easy to piece and I think it works pretty well with my orange and gray fabrics. Now I need to decide what, if anything I am going to do about borders for this one. Below is a link to the pattern if you're interested!