Thursday, April 21, 2016

Nothing New - Something "Old"

Since I do not have anything new to share (since I have not had time to work on anything!) I am sharing a quilt I made about 6 years ago for my youngest son for his high school graduation.
I LOVE this quilt!  It's one of my favorites that I have made.  It's still at my house and I plan to keep it there as long as my son lets me.  I'm not even sure if he remembers that it's his.  Shhh!!
I love it so much I made a miniature version of it 1/4 size.  They both hung in the Springville Quilt Show several years ago and the large one won a ribbon!

This is a picture of the top before I quilted it.  I walked by it the other day and looked closely at the quilting and realized - I did a GOOD job quilting it! I was rather impressed with my quilting job!  Sometimes I look back at quilts I've made and I realize that I almost did better, before I took classes, when I was more fearless, before I knew there was a "right" way to do things and I just figured them out for myself.  Not that I regret anything I've learned in the many classes I've taken, but I do feel like I need to get back to my former, more fearless, experimental, figure things out for myself quilter person.  I think I've let myself become more inhibited the last couple of years in my quilting, more worried about color choices and less confident.  It's time to break out of my box again and have some fun with my quilting.  How about you?  Is it time to be more creative?
I will share up close photos of my "fearless" quilting on this quilt tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment