Friday, May 13, 2016

Quilts on Display

Phyllis told me about some wall hanging quilts made by members of the Colorado West Quilt Guild that are currently being displayed at the US Bank building downtown. I of course had to go see them. From her email I only remembered the part about quilts, and the US Bank building.
So off I went expecting to walk into the building and see the quilts. I walked in on the main floor, no quilts. I took the elevator up to the second floor and walked all around, no quilts. I took the elevator up to the third floor and walked all around, no quilts. I then even took the elevator to the basement level, no quilts. I went back to the main floor and asked a woman who worked there and she had no idea what I was talking about. I was beginning to think I had the wrong bank building! I went outside to call Phyllis and realized that I only had her email, not her phone number so I called her daughter who told me I was at the right building and she thought she'd heard something about The United Way.
Ah ha! I had seen The United Way office on the third floor. So, FYI, if you go see these beautiful quilts, go to the US Bank building, go up to the third floor and go into The United Way office! You will see them hanging in a conference room to the right.
Worth the trip! And if I'd read Phyllis' email better I could've saved myself some time, but I would've missed out on all the exercise :) 
(The beautiful wool piece above was made by Lorraine)
The Two Lips quilt in the middle above was made by Phyllis! The quilt below was made by Janet.

No comments:

Post a Comment