Saturday, July 30, 2016

Dear Old Jane

Well yesterday I wrote that I am an organized person and how it makes me feel peaceful and then I went upstairs to my sewing room and saw this....

Ha!  Maybe I'm not so organized after all!  However what looks unorganized to some, may actually be organized to others, right??

Organized chaos - isn't that what it's called?


Dear Old Jane is finally quilted.... After six weeks of almost daily quilting here she is!  Actually this picture is after the center and triangles were all quilted.

Then it was off to Hi Fashion where Lorraine helped me pick out some lovely fabric for the bias binding.



I then stitched around the scallops, quilted half feathers in the scallops, and then marked a sewing line an eighth of an inch away from the stitching line.
I had seen a video awhile back on stitching the bias binding on scalloped edges before trimming so I wanted to try that and it was definitely easier, because I had something to hang onto, but it was still REALLY hard and took me 2 1/2 hours to stitch around 56 scallops.  It was probably the hardest part of the quilt so far.  I say so far because I haven't hand sewn those scallops yet!  Ah!  That may take me another six weeks... but I hope now because I'm hoping to show this quilt in a trunk show next week!
I worked really hard, with my trusty tweezers, to make sure the binding isn't on too tight so the edges don't curl under, but I'm still a little worried...

This is where I am now, ready to trim and hand sew the binding on.  The sleeve is ready to sew on too and of course I need to think of a label.  Whew!
Back to the sewing room!

Have a great weekend :)


1 comment: