Saturday, August 27, 2016

CQC Meeting

I went to a fun Colorado Quilt Council meeting this morning!  They only have one a year on the Western Slope, so it's always fun to go if I can.  There were about 90 people in attendance - it was fun to see several friends I hadn't seen for awhile!  (That's always the best part of quilting - the friendships :)
The second best part is Show and Tell.  I snapped a few photos.
This is one of Sherida Warner's, with Kaffe Fassett fabrics.


I love the quilt above!  The woman who owns it believes it was made by her great grandmother.  She had a great story to share about it.  Apparently another family member found the quilt pattern and templates and told her about it and she said, "I think I have the quilt!"
(Labels ladies, labels! I'm speaking to myself more than anyone!)

This owl quilt was all reverse appliquéd with the brown fabric on top of the white, and the design drawn on the brown.


The horse quilt above was enlarged and the quilt on the left is a Christmas quilt.


This quilt was made by Jackie Aguilar from a vintage table topper on a silk background with beautiful machine quilting!








The quilt below is a "scrapbook" crazy quilt with memories of a trip to England and Scotland sewn on.


Here a few close ups of Jackie's quilt so you can see the machine quilting.  Amazing!  She told me that she has a quilt in the Houston Quilt Festival this year in the embellished category.  I've seen the quilt and it's incredible.  I hope it wins!!!!



OK, I need to do some more machine quilting practice....





The speaker was Ami Simms and she is hilarious.  She had all of us laughing so hard everyone was probably wondering what was going on in that meeting room.

Fun day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment