Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Fat Quarter or Quarter Yard?


I pieced another quilt back for a twin size quilt I'm making for my granddaughter.  I loved the pink castle fabric (top) but the store didn't have enough so I bought the pink floral fabric (bottom) with plans to piece a back, but I still didn't have enough.  I really wanted to use all pink fabrics, but didn't want to go buy any.  I pulled out my pink tub of fabric and pretty much everything in there are fat quarters.  I needed 24 inches!  I've kind of decided for me, I'm better off buying quarter yards of fabric versus fat quarters.  With the projects I make it gives me a little more versatility.  I ended up using some of the green fabric, that does appear on the front of the quilt quite a bit, so it won't be terribly out of place, but I wouldn't have liked pink to blend better :) Ah well....

No comments:

Post a Comment