Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tuffet Fabric


I found some fabric that I like at the quilt show vendor mall to use for my tuffet.  I bought a Jelly Roll, as that is what the pattern calls for.  I also bought a Layer Cake.  I spread the fabric out yesterday and then hmmm..... wasn't so sure.  I only want to make ONE tuffet, so I have to get it right the first time!
I asked my Hubby for advice and he spread it out in thin strips like it will appear in the tuffet and yes, I think it will do!  I wanted some fun color in there, but also wanted it to read a bit neutral so it can live in any room in my house that I decide to put it in.
I'm open to all opinions though!  Leave a comment if you have a great idea that I'm missing!  Like I said, I want to get it right the first time :)


I am quite sad that this is the last issue of Quilter's Newsletter magazine.  The magazine has been in publication for 47 years!  I've been a subscriber since I began quilting over 20 years ago.  I liked the fact that it wasn't just a project magazine, although there were projects, it also contained a lot of information about the quilting world, new techniques, famous quilters, famous quilts etc.  I will miss it very much.

On a happier note, check out this beautiful handmade dress that my brother bought for my granddaughter when he was in Mexico! The women who make these dresses use their wonderful embroidery talents to make clothes to help support their families.  The handwork on this little dress is wonderful.


I hope your week is off to a great start!  I'm trying to catch up from being out of town!

1 comment: