Sunday, October 30, 2016

I Finished the Sewing Part!

I never thought I would be shopping at The Home Depot for quilting supplies!  I needed a working staple gun and upholstery adhesive for my tuffet project.  The staple gun I've put to good use but I ended up not needing the upholstery adhesive as that step of the process was already done for me in my kit!  Ah well - I should've checked my supplies better.

The eight wedges are all sewn.  I have to say, the sewing part of this tuffet making was as slick as can be!  The pattern included a fusible foundation that I ironed onto muslin.  I then sewed all the fabric strips on to that which helps all the pieces align correctly - so nice!

Once all of the wedges were sewn, they then had to be sewn together.  In the photo below you can see the beginnings of my tuffet!  Tomorrow I hope to show you pictures of the finished project!  After all of my stewing about the fabric, I am loving the colors!

Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment