Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I Finally Made a Tuffet!


Well, I finally made a tuffet and I love it!  It wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be either.  As I mentioned before, the sewing part was actually quite easy - just sewing on the lines of the foundation - very slick!




I think the colors look nice in our home :)

 I have to thank my hubby for helping me put it together.  I totally failed Stapling 101.  I was shooting staples all over the place with that electric staple gun - I was pretty sure one of us was going to end up in the ER.  Thankfully that did not happen.  It took both of us to do it but it really wasn't that bad.  You have to staple the upholstery batting over the foam and wood base, then snug the sewn fabric strips over that and draw them up with a gathering cord that I had sewn to the bottom and then staple the fabric on as well.

If you're wanting to make a tuffet of your own, I found the iQuilt online class to be VERY helpful.  You can watch each section over and over again as many times as you need.  Sharon Cole did a fantastic job teaching on that video.  You can find her "Let's Make a Tuffet" class at:
https://www.iquilt.com/all-courses/

Also, you can order everything you need to make one from her website:
http://tuffetsource.com

Except for the staple gun - you may not find that there - you may have to go to Home Depot...


I stitched my name and date on the fabric bottom piece before attaching it.  I want everyone to know I made it :)  Haha!  This is quite an accomplishment for me!  I should have stitched it a little more in the middle so it's not so close to the feet, but oh well.

In the class, she has you staple the fabric piece on the bottom (round three of stapling), but my sister-in-law Cathie had sewn hers on and I really like the finished look of hers.  So, I sewed the fabric bottom on mine too, partly because I think it looks better and partly because I was so done stapling and I think my hubby was too.  I enjoyed a Christmas Hallmark movie while stitching it down.

So, if you'll excuse me, I'll go put my feet up.... on my new tuffet.... Wait.... do I want to put my feet on it????

1 comment: