Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ready for Family!

I love Thanksgiving!  Not only do we take more time to reflect on all that we are thankful for, but it's really a time to just enjoy being with family.  That is what I am especially thankful for this year, this time to enjoy spending with all of our children and their families.
Besides preparing food, I made up the Victory Board and bought some cool prizes - worth playing for! We love to play board games and a few years ago we started competing to see who could win the most.  It's all in good fun :) This year we are throwing in the Turkey Trot and the Epic Escape game as well!



I got out the playhouse and some toys in anticipation of our granddaughter!  So excited to see and play with her!  She is growing so much and doing so many new things since I saw her a month ago.  I can hardly wait!
The recipe today was given to me by my friend Sandra, when we all lived in Nebraska.  This is another family favorite!  In fact my youngest son requests this for his birthday "cake" nearly every year!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Cream together:
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Add:
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Stir in:
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
Press into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Cool and frost.
Frosting:
Melt 3 T. butter, add 3 T. cocoa and 3 T milk.  Stir in powdered sugar (to desired consistency) and add 1 tsp. vanilla.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment