Monday, January 16, 2017

Block of the Month

Here is my first "block"  from the My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe's block of the month.  It was super simple to put together because everything was already cut out for me on the AccuQuilt Go.  No dog ears to trim or anything!  And... it has orange in it so I'm liking it already :)
I received some GREAT advice from Sheila and Dorothy regarding my crinkly quilt for my Mom.  One pre-washes and the other doesn't, but they both use a cotton/poly blend batting, either 80/20 or 70/30, which means the batting would shrink less than the 100% cotton batting that I used.  I really like the Request Dream cotton batting because it's so thin, but perhaps I can find a blend batting that is thin like that.... I may try pre-washing my fabric for a quilt too, just to see if I like that.  Sheila suggested pressing this quilt - I am definitely going to try that - I'll let you know how that works out.  Maybe I'll take some before and after pictures.  Many people prefer the crinkly look anyway, so I'm probably worrying about it too much.  But thanks for the tips!  I am definitely going to try them to see if I can at least get a less crinkly look!

No comments:

Post a Comment