Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pressing Worked!


I pressed my Mom's quilt and I do like it better.  I took some before and after pictures.  This top photo is actually an after picture - it just got out of order.  Look at the lint!  I have, besides washing, rolled this with a lint roller multiple times and the black still shows every little speck of anything!


OK, these first two photos are after washing and before ironing.  I really don't mind a little crinkle but I did not like this much crinkle.  Closer quilting might have helped too, but my Mom doesn't really care for quilts that are heavily quilted ....




These two bottom photos are after ironing and I'm much happier with the result.  Thanks for the tip Sheila!  Next time I think I will buy some 80/20 or 70/30 batting.  How is wool batting for shrinkage?

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment