Sunday, June 11, 2017

I'm BACK!!


Less than 24 hours after we returned home from Telluride, my husband and I left on a road trip to Las Vegas, where he attended some work related meetings, and I played! (Not the slot machines - sorry to disappoint :)
He was kind enough to take me on a little shop hop along the way and along the way back.  First stop was Superior Thread Company in St. George, Utah - which is basically a big warehouse where you can find every type and color of thread they make.  Almost too overwhelming to take it all in!  I also went upstairs to Mother Superior's Fab Fabrics.  I bought some thread here, of course!  But I didn't buy fabric (I still need to use what I have :)

They have many beautiful quilts hanging all over - like a mini quilt show!  I thought my daughter would like to see this one :)




Benihana's in Las Vegas - YUMMY!

We sat at the same table as a couple from Kentucky and my husband told them I'd been wanting to go to Paducah for the big quilt show.  They looked at us like we'd just landed from another planet....


I loved the brown carpet, big flowers, and brown walls in the hotel hallway.  I'm probably the only person there taking pictures of the carpet... We quilters are a strange lot...



A carousel and a hot air balloon, made entirely of flowers (they smelled good too!) in the hotel lobby. (There were other people taking pictures of these :)


I did a little shopping in Las Vegas, since we were right across the street from a large shopping mall.  I decided if I were a man, I would wear these shirts with these ties :)


We saw the Cirque de Solei show "O" and I went to the Titanic Exhibit - both were amazing.

I also went to the Christmas Goose Quilt shop in Las Vegas!



Back to St. George where we visited the Temple there.



And another quilt shop - The Clover Patch.  We almost made it to Scrap Apple Quilt shop, also in St. George but we didn't trust our phone maps and ended up way past it before we realized it was correct.  So we went on to Cedar City and stopped at Stitching it Up!



Here are my purchases along the way - I didn't over do it!





I even had a little time to work on my Raccoon block!


My son shared this with me - he must have traumatic memories from his childhood!

1 comment: