Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Merit Badges??


I am teaching an embroidery stitch class at Hi Fashion in November so I've been working on a sampler for that class this past week.  Here is my "blank slate" - circles whipped stitched onto the background and ready to embellish!  I am making another needle keep, but this one will be larger and have some pockets on the inside.


I have completed all but three of the circles and am deciding which stitches I want to teach as I work on this.
My husband looked at this and told me they look like Boy Scout merit badges!!!!  What???? That is not the look I was going for!!  I hope I'm not delusional but I think they look much prettier than merit badges :). Maybe he thought that was a compliment - maybe he really likes Boy Scout merit badges....  I'll comfort myself with that thought!


A Happy Birthday to my brother today!!  He has been growing oodles and oodles of lovely tomatoes in sunny So. Cal!!  The pictures just make my mouth water. Garden tomatoes are just the best this time of year.  Slice it up with a little salt - hmmm...hmmm...good!!
I hope he has a great birthday!! (I probably should have sent him some "merit badges")

1 comment: