Thursday, November 9, 2017

Jan Krentz


A little break from my Houston "report" and pictures to share some pictures from our CO West Quilt Guild meeting last night.  Our speaker was Jan Krentz who gave a wonderful program and trunk show of her precisely pieced and beautiful quilts!


Today she did a workshop to make this quilt: 1000 Pyramids.  Those signed up were super excited to take this class today.

I actually taught a class today at Hi Fashion on embroidery/embellishing.  I sure had a great time - I hope the class did!  I taught about ten stitches today and part two of the class will be in February!


Back to Jan Krentz. I was so impressed with what a nice, kind person she is.  We were told she was also voted Teacher of the Year once too, so I'm sure the students in her class today had a wonderful experience!


I was really drawn to the quilt above, on the right.  She used African fabrics but I have a selection of Australian fabrics I think would look very nice in a quilt like this....





There is that quilt again!  The instructions are in this book Hunter Star Quilts & Beyond.  The book came home with me, so maybe you will see an Australian version of the quilt above before too long :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a great summary of my trunk show! It was great fun to visit your guild and meet all of you. I look forward to seeing some terrific quilts from the Thousand Pyramids workshop!
    Happy Holidays, all! warmly, Jan Krentz

    ReplyDelete