Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Shopping!!

One cannot go to a major quilt show without checking out the vendor booths!  We allowed some time for that Wednesday evening, after our trip to Galveston (during the preview night).  We had 3 1/2 hours and I still didn't make it around to all of the booths - yes, that's how many there are. Kind of overwhelming, but oh so fun :)

These are the two Texas fabric license plates I bought at the Painted Pony 'n Quilts and Cactus Quilts shops.
This is my new absolutely favorite gadget.  I do a LOT of hand work and I usually cross my legs, or hunch over my work (and get kinks in my neck) in order to get my work closer to my face/eyes.  This sets in my lap and adjusts a small table right to where I want it!  I used this last night and LOVE it!  I'm looking forward to many hours of hand stitching with less sore knees and no kinked neck!

Of course I had to go to Sue Spargo's booth.  I bought her new book (which she signed for me), a craft wallet and some yummy thread!

Cherrywood fabric for the quilt I'm making for the International Miniature Quilt Exchange!

Some more fabric for my Millefiori quilt - just because it's so pretty....


This was a nice wool booth where I bought two pieces for the ornaments I'm making.


These spray misters are amazing!  I bought one for water and one for Best Press.  They spray/mist the area more evenly so you actually end up using less.  These were selling like hotcakes.


Here is my lap app - my new favorite gadget.  You can see there are three spools for thread and a small magnet to hold needles.  There is also a little pocket on top.  I'm so happy with this purchase.  I'm not sure hubby will be, as I'm taking up even more space on the sofa now....




Here are the two beautiful pieces of wool I bought to make the ornaments.

I went to the Bohin booth to by needles and a white chalk marker and left with this cute little ironing board too.  This and my lap app I ended up hauling on the plane as carry on items.  My suitcase gained 10 pounds in Houston.  Hmmm.... I wonder how that happened??

No comments:

Post a Comment