Thursday, March 29, 2018

Sashiko


Laura invited me to do a Sashiko program with her at the Mesa County Library last night.  It was great fun and we had a good turn out - 24 people!  We set up this display of her work and some of mine, and she prepared small kits so everyone could try it.  I think everyone who came enjoyed it - they seemed to anyway!

The quilt on the left is Laura's and the one on the right is mine.



The piece above and to the left are both Laura's - beautiful!!



Laura's Mom Val stitched the squares above.  To the right - the one on top is mine and the one on the bottom is Laura's - both from the book Paradise Stitched.





Laura designed the quilt below, which has wool appliqué in it - one of her specialties.  I haven't done any Sashiko for awhile but I'm inspired to now!  After I finish up a few other projects....

No comments:

Post a Comment