Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Traditional?



Here are some pictures of some more "traditional" looking quilts at Paducah.  But really, what are traditional quilts anymore?  No matter what style of quilt we make, we always add our own artistic flair to it :)


This one is called Neighborhoods
by Nancy Devendorf Ware, Wisconsin

See the little sheep!!


Above: Dazzle
by Linda Sullivan, California


Right: Tranquil Spaces 2
(And I'm sorry but I can't read the name of the maker on the picture I took!)



Pure
by Mieko Uemura, Japan


Above: Happy!
by Masami Yoshihara, Japan





Right: Starburst
by Peggy Marquardt, Wisconsin




For the Wedding of My Beloved Daughter
by Keiko Morihiro, Japan

I love this twist on the traditional Wedding Ring Quilt!









Totally didn't get the name or maker of this beautiful quilt above....




An English Country Garden
by Nancy C. Woods, Missouri

This quilt has a lot of beautiful hand embroidered embellishments!







I really like this Log Cabin quilt:
When Crayons Explode
I also cannot see the makers name on the photo I took but I LOVE this quilt, the colors, the pattern, the quilting, everything :)



A detail photo of An English Country Garden


and below - some detail of the quilting in When Crayons Explode (I even love the name!)





Above: Vintage Rose
by May Black, Missouri



Right: Beezlebub
by Linzi Upton, Scotland


Spring Cleaning post today is supposed to be:
https://jessicakdarling.com

But I didn't see a recent post on there!  Perhaps she's still cleaning ..... :). Have a great day!  I'm excited to hear Julie Silber's lecture at our quilt guild tonight.  I'm also taking her class tomorrow!



1 comment: