Tuesday, June 19, 2018

New Life to an Old Quilt



I finished quilting and binding my Aunt's quilt top!  Now after 70-ish years this quilt can finally be used! I must say that I am really happy with the way it turned out and I hope my Aunt will love it too :)

I should have taken a picture of the back - a pretty print fabric with tiny pink flowers.  This quilt was not the flattest of flat, but I guess sometimes you really can "quilt it out".  I kept following Angela Walter's motto "Close enough is good enough", which made this a really fun quilt to quilt.

I'm going to show it to my parents then it will be in the mail, on its way to my Aunt!





Here is the Wedding Ring quilt that I made many years ago.  It didn't get very big, but I do love it!  I even hand quilted it, which probably wouldn't have happened if it were bigger :)



Are you getting a lot of quilting done this summer?  I have three more to machine quilt.  I think my next endeavor will be Woodland Whimsy!

Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job, your Aunt will love this. You have made an heirloom for your family. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete