Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Little Bits Christmas Luncheon



Last Wednesday my miniature quilt group, the Little Bits, had our annual Christmas luncheon.  It is a potluck and everyone brought soups and sides - delicious!  Of course we also had show and tell, which is always inspirational!

Annie made this beautiful little wall hanging with dragonflies for her friend.


We were all fascinated with Kathy's Cathedral Windows Christmas table mats.  They were all so pretty!  She made one for everyone in her family.  One wasn't quite finished so she was able to explain to us how she made them.



Sewing folded white squares in each corner and folding them back to cover the edges of another fun Christmas fabric she placed on top!














Kathy also made this cool Horse quilt, below, using the Attic Windows pattern.  Instead of looking like windows though, on the black background it looks like cubes or blocks!



June is working on her Millefiori quilt - block #2!  She does such a nice job.  My plan is to pin my today and get it ready for quilting :)




Leota made these Christmas Wonky Star placemats for her sister.  June taught us the Wonky Star at a previous meeting.


We exchanged small gifts and I received this beautiful candle from Susan that is alcohol inked.  It's so pretty!  She guarantees it won't blow up when I light it :). She said she tried to make some alcohol inked ornaments but didn't have as much success with those.


I can't remember who made or received the candy cane below but I took a picture of it because I thought it was cute.

This is a busy time of year.  I haven't had much time to sew, especially last week, but this week I'm getting a little more time to work on those projects.

That is after I straighten out an incorrect package delivery with UPS....

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment