Sunday, April 20, 2014

14 and 15!


I finished the Monthly Minis for April and this makes numbers 14 and 15 projects done in 2014!  I think all of the projects I've finished so far this year have been SMALL!  I need to finish something BIG!  But finishing is good, small or large :)



My daughter's husband got her a ladybug kite recently, so the ladybug kite wall hanging is for her.  These were a bit of a challenge this month!  Tiny appliqué pieces!  You will notice I tried a couple of different ideas and I think both turned out OK.  The blue and orange kite tails are appliquéd.  They were tiny and difficult to do but they look fine.

I decided to make the kite tails on the red and green kite more dimensional and they turned out cute too!  So both ways worked, which was great, because I didn't want to have to do either one of them over....


The embroidery embellishments finished them both up nicely!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Easter!  It's sure a beautiful day here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment