Monday, April 21, 2014

Hilary Florence


As you know I am a big fan of Lori Kennedy's blog "The Inbox Jaunt".  Every Tuesday she posts a machine quilting tutorial and they are fantastic!

Last week, on Wednesday, she had a special guest, Hilary Florence from the UK, post a machine quilting tutorial and hers was fantastic too!  Here are my doodles practicing Hilary's ideas in my sketchbook.  I can hardly wait to try some of these out on a quilt.


You can find Hilary's blog at:
www.quiltingworkshop.blogspot.co.uk
You should definitely go check it out!

Lori also announced on her blog that she will be a featured columnist in the American Quilter magazine with her machine quilting tutorials.  The first one is on newsstands now and it was great.  I really like her clear, precise, step by step instructions.  Practicing them on paper, then stitching them out on a practice quilt sandwich are great ways to improve our machine quilting - at least that's what I'm hoping!

I watched the latest episode of The Quilt Show today and Ricky Tims had some great tips for quilting some fancy feathers.  I had to pull out my sketchbook and practice those too!  I really need to do some quilting!
This is too much fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment