Friday, December 11, 2015

A Gift to Myself

I am a regular viewer of The Quilt Show, with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson.  Recently Alex has fallen in love with Dupioni Silk and she has raved about it on the show.  I have seen quilts in shows that are made from Dupioni Silk and have noticed how pretty they are, but didn't have a desire to buy any silk until I saw this picture in Machine Quilting magazine last month. I think this quilt is machine embroidered but how fun would it be to design something similar and hand embroider and embellish it??


So I decided to purchase myself a Christmas gift and here it is!  16 fat quarters of Dupioni Silk in those rich, beautiful colors - oh so beautiful.
This gift gives me inspiration to design and create something in the New Year, with a fabric I've never used before, and then to see how much fun I can have embellishing!!  It's the gift that keeps on giving :)

I better re-watch those videos on how to work with silk....

No comments:

Post a Comment