Sunday, April 5, 2020

Masks for Missionaries



Day Seven of Instastitch Circles above!!


This was a mask making weekend.  These all went to missionaries in our church.  100 masks were collected from many sewists throughout the valley and delivered to missionaries all over the Western Slope of Colorado!

I felt like these were my best yet - until my hubby tried one on and it was way too tight and uncomfortable 😣.  I didn't have time to re-make them, and I didn't want to waste precious materials, especially elastic!  So I opted for a fix-it solution (below), of snipping the elastic and extending it with rick rack or ribbon, or the bits of elastic that were too small to use.  They may not be quite as pretty, but they're way more comfortable and will do the trick!



I also tried out a different mask pattern, which I quite like!  It's takes way less time with no elastic (which is hard to come by right now), no making ties, and no pleats.  Here is hubby modeling it for me. It also has a pocket inside to add a filter.  Here is a link to the video tutorial:


Some Sister Missionaries wearing my homemade masks - they said 
"Thanks for making us cute ones!" ❤️
I mean... if ya gotta wear a mask, it might as well be cute right?


No comments:

Post a Comment