Saturday, January 23, 2016

Look Up!


There is beautiful art and design everywhere, even up above us! Yesterday I met my daughter at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in downtown Salt Lake City.  As I was sitting and waiting for her I looked up and noticed the beautiful stained glass ceiling - not to mention the chandelier! If I hadn't had a chance to sit down and wait for a minute,  I might have missed it!


While she attended a work meeting, the baby and I went to an interactive exhibit at the Family Search center, where I learned the meaning of my name (there are over 811,000 other Karens in the United States) and saw on a large world map where my ancestors came from (you could click on each one and learn more about them), as well as went into a time machine that showed me what their homes may have been like during their lives. Very fun!  I highly recommend it if you're in the area.

It is also the Sundance Film Festival this week in Park City.  I haven't run into any movie stars yet, but I'm looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment