Sunday, January 10, 2016

S&B Quilters

Yesterday we went to Hotchkiss where I did a presentation on Zen Doodling to the S&B Quilt Guild.  I say "we" because my wonderful husband (tech guy, set up and take down guy etc.) went with me and helped me tremendously! It would not have gone nearly as smoothly without him!  Thank you DH!

It was a fun morning with a wonderful group of ladies.  DH was the lone male in the group yesterday.

One of the members, Nancy shared a Zentangle inspired quilt that she made for show and tell.  This quilt is amazing from the Zentangle to the quilting - just beautiful.

It was so fun for me to see Nancy because a long time ago (way back when I first started quilting), I took a machine quilting class from her at the quilt shop in Hotchkiss (which is no longer there...) It was great to see her again.  She also quilted a couple of my quilts for me when I first started!  Seems like yesterday :)







Look at the beautiful machine quilting!!




Another fun show and tell was this Mickey Mouse quilt.  I love the colors, the Mickeys and Minnies and the Mickey in the middle - so fun!



This beautiful quilt is the S&B  Quilt Guild's raffle quilt!  I was wowed! I looked at it close up too and the workmanship is amazing :)




My husband wanted to eat lunch at a restaurant unique to Hotchkiss, so we ate at Zack's BBQ, where I got the best sweet potato fries I've ever had! Delicious end to a fun day!  Thanks to the S&B Quilter's for inviting me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment