Thursday, October 26, 2017

Sneak Peak!

Here is a sneak peak at Millefiori block number three!  I've been doing the prep work this week.  I like having some stitching to do in the evenings while I watch TV (or Tee Va Vee as my granddaughter says :)

This part of the process is more time consuming than actually sewing the pieces together, but it's also fun choosing the fabrics, doing some fussy cutting and placing them to see what kind of design you're going to end up with.  I really can't tell how it's going to look until I get it all laid out!  And then I either love it, think it's OK enough to leave, or I've actually taken the pieces out and tried something different.

Either way it's a FUN and exciting project to work on.  My sewing room is a mess as I'm pulling fabric fro everywhere, but that is a fun part of the process too.



Notice the little fussy cut diamonds above and I really love how the chevron fabric made a cool design in this block.


Sometimes laying the fabrics together in big chunks make me think that "these two particular fabrics will not work together" but then I find that a very small piece of the fabric may work just fine!


Go play and have fun!  I'm going to clean up my sewing room and prepare my Woodland Whimsy block.

2 comments: