Wednesday, April 25, 2018

What?? Paint??



I could not figure out how this quilt was made.  I got as close as I could to it without touching it and just could not figure it out.  The pieces are 1/4 inch!  Was it pieced?  Was it woven bias strips?  No matter how closely I looked I just couldn't figure it out.  There were many other quilters looking that couldn't figure it out either - I wasn't alone - we were all wondering.  Well thanks to an interview posted on The Quilt Show website this morning, I found out and I'm just flabbergasted!
Check out this video - and kudos to Sherry Rogers-Harrison for her second place win and ingenuity!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SguBFcbSVls





3 comments:

  1. I was also in Paducah, had a quilt there! We happened to see this quilt with Sherry standing next to it with samples and explaining how she did this quilt. Really it was her first time using this technique on a huge quilt. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Which quilt was yours? I probably have a picture of it - I took a lot of pictures! So inspiring.

      Delete
  2. Wow. That looks like it took a lot of time to make...

    ReplyDelete