Friday, June 15, 2018

CWQG Challenge


Wednesday night at the Colorado West Quilt Guild meeting, the 2018 Challenge quilts were revealed!

The challenge fabric was a black and white floral (very pretty) and the rules stated that you could add one other color, as many shades of that color as you wanted, but just one color.  Embellishment was encouraged!

Following are pictures of the quilts and the winners.




The quilt above was made by Judy and she was one of the winners.  One unique thing about her quilt is that she colored the background of the black and white fabric blue!  I never would've thought of doing that, but how clever!















The quilt below, made by Mary, was one of the winners!







The quilt above, made by Betty, won two prizes!  I believe 2nd place and Best Embellished!




This orange one makes me happy :)



The three winners, with their quilts above.

Everyone holding their quilts.


I didn't make a challenge quilt this year.  I participated in the International Miniature Quilt Exchange and the Cherrywood Challenge and that was about all I could handle :). I'll have to give it a go again next year.  Kudos to all who participated this year!  Beautiful quilts!


No comments:

Post a Comment