Saturday, May 25, 2019

Another Tulip Festival!!



I have one more picture to share of a quilt from UQSM in Salt Lake.  The quilt above is Virginia Reel by Norma Whaley and quilted by Karen Morgan.

While in Utah during the first week of May, I also got to go to another Tulip Festival!  This one took place at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi.  I went with my three favorite girls and we spent over four hours there.  It was SO beautiful and there was SO much to see!

At this same garden, coming up in September, there will be an outdoor quilt show, as well as classes and a trunk show by Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  My daughters and I are signed up for the trunk show, and Megan and I are also each taking a class.
https://www.thanksgivingpoint.org/events/garden-of-quilts/




My friend Annie was telling me about a tulip festival in Albany, NY, where she is from.  She said Albany was a Dutch settlement and the architecture is reflected in that, especially the City Hall.  There is a Museum of History and Art that is full of remnants of Albany's Dutch heritage and they have a huge Tulip Festival in the city's main park each Mother's Day weekend.  Maybe Albany needs to be on my list for next Mother's Day!  We tried to go to the Tulip Festival in Washington state a few years back but we were too early.  We saw a lot of daffodils!










The have a Light the World garden with several larger than life sized statues of Jesus Christ, each relating to a scripture in the New Testament.  They were pretty awe inspiring and moving, seeing scenes in the scriptures portrayed so large and beautifully.









And mountains and waterfalls were two things we did not see in The Netherlands! 😊



However the Lehi Tulip Festival did offer some traditional Dutch treats!  We sampled Belgium waffles, frites with mayonnaise and homemade FRESH stroop waffles (probably the favorite).


A fun, fun day seeing beautiful sites with by beautiful girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment