Monday, August 5, 2019

Transformed



I spend most of the weekend getting blocks prepped for the Christmas quilt I'm working on.  I decided, finally, after owning this book for many years, to make the Welcome to the North Pole quilt!  I'm using wool for the background and a combination of wool and cotton for the appliqué.  I wanted to get the patterns all traced and ironed onto the appropriate fabric while I had it all out (see photo above!).


Slowly but surely the background pieces came off the design wall as I got the parts for each block prepared - sixteen blocks in all.

Kind of makes me excited for Christmas!!



My friend Kim (we've been friends for over 50 years!!) gave me a gift card to The Container Store for my birthday (thank you Kim!!). I used it to buy a white board and a basket for my sewing room - to help me get more organized.  When Katie Fowler was in town last month she showed a white board in her sewing room that had "Now", "Sooner", "Later" and "Future", with project sticky notes stuck in each category.  I hung mine up today and the sticky notes are piling on!


The basket is for the "Now" projects that I'm currently working on, which makes the top of my cutting table oh so much neater (see bottom picture).

I also bought a small bathroom organizer and just spent the entire afternoon organizing my drawers in the bathroom 😊. I hope you've also had a productive day!


No comments:

Post a Comment