Friday, December 6, 2019

Woodland Whimsy


Tomorrow is the last workshop for Woodland Whimsy.  We've been meeting for about a year and a half!  Everyone is working at their own pace, which is great and all of the quilt blocks are turning out beautifully.

Last month Barbara showed us her blocks - she was almost done!  She was getting ready to sew them together and then do the appliqué on the inner diamond shapes and the borders.  I'm excited to see her quilt when it's all finished 😊. She does beautiful work, as you can see!



Thanks to my mother's tender care
For she materials did prepare
and taught my hands to sew.
Eliza Ann Bruen
from an Ohio Sampler










2 comments:

  1. How much backing fabric do I need for Woodland Whimsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good question. Mine measures 45 inches by 51.5 to 52 inches. I can't see any seams in my backing fabric, so I'm not sure if I used a 60 in. wide fabric or used 45 and didn't have any extra when I was quilting, which seems too hard. So I will say, if you use 60 inch wide fabric, you would need 1 2/3 yards. If you use 44 inch wide fabric, then I would get three yards and seam it horizontally across the back. Then you would have enough left over for a hanging sleeve too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete