Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Keepin' Busy!


I've been doing some embellishing on my Welcome to the North Pole quilt and some machine quilting on the Antelope Canyon quilt that I'm making my son for his birthday (which is coming right up!)  I usually just free motion machine quilt, but with this quilt I wanted it more geometric since the quilt is very geometric so I've done some straight line ruler work and some half circles (which were very challenging).  I think they pass the 10 foot test, but don't get much closer! šŸ˜¬  I like this quilt so much (and I have some fabric left over) that I think I may try to quarter-size it!  It's been awhile since I did that, but I think I just need to do it!  I'll keep you posted!


"Every young girl should piece one quilt at least to carry away with her to her husband's home, and if her lot happens to be cast among strangers, as is often the case, the quilt when she unfolds it will seem like the face of a familiar friend, and will bring up a whole host of memories, of mother, sister, friend, too sacred for us to intrude upon."
Good Housekeeping, April 14, 1888



No comments:

Post a Comment