Monday, January 13, 2020

Needle Keeps



I teach a couple of classes at Black Sheep Handworx Studio and I'm always very excited to see the finished product from someone who took one of my classes.  Or even their work in progress - it just makes me happy to know they're still working on it and enjoying it.  The next few days I will be sharing some of these photos.
This needle keep belongs to Betty, who seemed convinced that she couldn't hand embroidery.  I beg to differ as this turned out absolutely beautiful!



This one belongs to Joan, who has embroidered for years and is a member of the Embroidery Guild.  She got very creative, even putting a wool binding on - great idea!
The bottom two pictures are also Joan's, just a little more close up of her work in progress.  It's all finished now though.  Hurray!




"The center of attraction was in the parlor, where the old ladies, who used to go to "quilting-bees" when they were girls, sat around the big quilting-frame which belongs to the Society, with every now and then a young lady sandwiched in between them to thread their needles..."
Mrs. Kate Hunnibee's Diary, 1870




No comments:

Post a Comment