Thursday, October 22, 2020

"Block" of the Month - Ha!

Block of the Month or BOM, as we quilters say, is a funny term because it implies that you will be making one block per month. But many BOMs I've participated in actually require you to make multiple blocks per month.  Which, if you're making a bed size quilt, makes sense!

I fell in love with and signed up for Wendy William's Spice Market warm BOM quilt.  It just made me happy to look at it, it's so bright and fun.  Well, I'm already two months behind....  I decided to try to catch up this week, because hey, two blocks - can't be that bad right?

The picture below shows "Block" one!  Look at all of those half square triangles!  It took me two days.

Pictures one and three show my preparation for "Block" two, which includes 69 three inch hand appliqué circle blocks and five large hand appliqué blocks with multiple circles.  Yep, this will take me much longer than two days. 😂

The good news is, I am having fun working on it and these bright colors make me happy!

If you notice the circles in picture one - there are TWENTY different colors of solid fabrics.  I mean, how fun is that, right??

I hope you're getting to work on something that just makes you happy! 😁




 

No comments:

Post a Comment