Thursday, October 8, 2020

Friends

First of all - the plants have been identified! (Previous post). My brother and my husband both looked them up and found that the hairy looking one belongs to the milkweed family and the other one belongs to the chestnut family. (I hope I got that right!). Anyway, just in case you were curious like me 😊.

I have several photos of my friends' work today!  Above is Michelle's second Squash Squad block!

Below is Eleanor's rag quilt.  We had a Little Bits meeting in my backyard yesterday morning for a bit - mostly for show and tell and a little visiting!  I think of all the quilts I've made, the most used and well-loved are the rag quilts.



Eleanor made reversible placemats out of fat quarters.  The edges are serged and then the strips are woven.  The back is a completely different color.  Really fun!

Susan is working on Folk Tails!  It's coming right along!



These are both Kathy's - both really pretty.




 Annie is working on House Pillows for her grandkids.  There is a little pocket under the "porch" in which she is going to put a fancy key and some money, for their "Dream Home".  Such a clever idea!


Sherida sent me pictures of two little quilts she just finished using Freida Anderson's hand dyed fabric and pattern.  These are beautiful!  It looks like she finished them with a facing rather than a binding, which I really like - especially for little art quilts such as these.

"Black-eyed Susans and mini version of same pattern as Coneflowers, with Freida's hand-dyed fabrics. I added beads on both and used paint sticks on purple cone flowers. Sizes are 20 by 16 inches and 8 by 11 inches."



Leota took these mylar bags that her daughter receives frozen food in, and made them into a tote bag!
Now she has a cool, large tote to use at the grocery store or to take prepared food places, and it will help keep her warm food warm and cold food cold.  She said it's even large enough to fit her crockpot into.
What clever friends I have!!
Hope you're all having a great day and accomplishing a lot. 😊❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment