Monday, November 9, 2020

All Caught Up and a Little Crazy


I finally caught up on my Spice Market BOM!  These circles about drove me CRAZY 🤪

Hopefully this quilt will have a bit of wonkiness anyway, because the large circles below, turned out VERY wonky ... even though I used PERFECT circles!  Ah! The first few layers are reverse appliqué which made for some very NON perfect circles and then it was just all downhill from there. I enjoy hand appliqué but I did not enjoy making these circle blocks at all.

The small three inch squares with circles appliquéd onto them (above) weren't much easier. After I completed all 69 of them, I discovered that the circle I appliquéd onto the three inch squares is too big. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The pattern just said to cut three inch squares and appliqué the "small" perfect circle onto them.  I used the smallest perfect circle from the largest set, but when I was all done with them and working on the five large circle blocks I found a little diagram on another page that shows the circle about 1/4 inch smaller.  Am I going to do them over?  Absolutely NOT!  There is still a quarter inch around the circle so I have a seam allowance and that is good enough for me!  Phew!


This month's blocks (below) were much easier and therefore more fun.  It only took me a few hours to complete all of these blocks.  I was really questioning whether or not to even continue with this quilt after the circles all turned out so badly, but I'll keep on going and see what happens.

Hope your week is off to a GREAT start!! 😊



 

No comments:

Post a Comment