Wednesday, January 20, 2021

One of These Blocks is Not Like the Others

I've spent the last few days catching up on my Spice Market Block of the Month (months 4 & 5).  I wanted to try and catch up before the next one comes!  Today I finished up the Log Cabin/Courthouse Steps style blocks below and realized when I took the picture that "one of these blocks is not like the others!"  Can you spot which one I sewed backwards? 🤔

At first I thought I would leave it, as an "intentional mistake".  My mother used to tell me that the Amish quilters always left an intentional mistake in each of their quilts because no quilt should be perfect.  My mistakes are accidental and it would only be "intentional" if I intentionally left it in the quilt! 😂 I tried, but couldn't do it... I unpicked and re-sewed the block that I had sewn backwards.  I still won't have to worry about my quilt being perfect though - that just doesn't happen!


I also had time today to sew up this cute, easy bag!  I can think of many uses for this!

Hope your week is going great!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment