Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Free Motion Quilting Challenge

I started another quilting challenge with Angela Walters - this one is free motion quilting (the first one I did with her was ruler quilting).  She designed the panel for the challenge. You can find more information on the challenge here:

https://quiltingismytherapy.com/free-quilt-patterns-and-tutorials/free-motion-challenge-quilting-along/


She posted the first video last week and I watched it and quilted it out this past weekend. It's called the Wood Grain design and I had never done this one before!  It certainly adds a lot of texture! I love practicing my machine quilting this way and I feel like I am really learning a lot.  She shows how to quilt it out on a domestic machine and on a long arm, so if you're looking for a fun challenge, go check it out!  Oh, also she says you don't have to buy the panel to join in, you can just make up some quilt sandwiches and practice all the designs on your own.  Great fun! šŸ˜Š



 

No comments:

Post a Comment